Friday, January 19, 2018

Interview with Andrew Thomas

Each month we’ll interview a member of the Sine Fine Films Company, asking the same or similar questions, and learn more about the actors and crew.

This month I’m interviewing the talented Drew Thomas who officially joined the company in the spring of 2005.






A: I got involved in 2000-2001 when my sister Morgan came home from SIU saying she had a show for us to watch. Insert Pandora’s Box. Then, when she was cast as Maria for The Curse, she brought up all the fun things you crazy people do during and after filming. Then my brother - first of many - and I attended an award ceremony featuring a screening of Mind Games and the “ship” episode of Destiny. 

Next thing I know, I’m being asked from time-to-time, “Hey! You available? Might get you a part!” Of course, school got in the way so I couldn’t film with you all until MUCH later. Still had fun regardless. First show was Eidolon in a small role, but it was nice. Very nice.





A: Ray was fun. My back won’t let me forget him. lol The Gemini Drake character for the mock opening of Sorcerer was great to do. Just had to be creepy. Grrr... Argh! Speaking of creepy, how about the obsessed fan boy for Gift Bearer? Not everyday you get tossed like a rag doll... so to speak.



A: Can I say “anytime I was involved”? If not, and I have to pick one, probably Gift Bearer. Got to see the trio in action in person, no less. It was fun hearing the stories being told and being a part of the crew for a show I absolutely loved in high school.



Q: What was your least favorite filming day?

A: I didn’t really have an unpleasant moment. Gift Bearer was VERY hot though. Scorching. Your prophecy had come to fruition of dressing folks in costumes during a hot summer day. 

I remember during Villains Workshop that it was freezing that night, despite being Spring. Everyone was huddled up in the tent, but I strayed away in my own corner. Regardless, it wasn’t outright terrible, those experiences. I got to endure the elements like a real actor or staff member.



A: I don’t exactly have one, per se. I could do just about anything you ask me and I’ll do it to the best of my ability.




 
A: Gift Bearer, Pandora’s Box, The Curse, Eidolon... wait, did I have to pick one? Probably Pandora’s Box. I always find myself gravitating back to it.




A: I got to hold the Gift Bearer! Squeeee~!!! I enjoyed the outfit chosen for Aurelias (I think that was the rich dude’s name) for when we had to put our T-shirts on and I put mine over the suit jacket. Still have that shirt. It’s going nowhere. That and my outfit for Spoon River. That coat was so comfortable.



A:

Kate. We never worked together before and we bounced off each other like we had known each other our whole lives.



Dan is always an awesome person to either film with or hang out, even if it was in brief intervals. He’s a cool guy.


Johnny. Oh my God, Johnny. What can I say other than this guy is the man? He’s good with the kids and a pleasant person to be around.



Can’t forget about Morgan. 
She got me into the biz, so to speak.





EIDOLON:
Downhill chase of 
thrilling proportions.

THE GIFT BEARER - 
TIME AFTER TIME:
A hot drama to jab you 
in the nostalgia and more.


                    
                    FORTUNATE ONES -  FAERIE TALE: 
        Enchanting

                     FORTUNATE ONES - FOREVER:
                        Spine tingling


FORTUNATE ONES - 
MAGIC-8:                 

Don’t toy with fate?               

EXCERPTS FROM 
VILLAIN'S 
WORKSHOP: 

Everyone is king when 
there’s no one left 
to pawn.
      
        SPOON RIVER ANTHOLOGY: Ghosty goodness!




Favorite Color – Blue, Silver, Purple, White, Black

Favorite Movie or TV Show – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit & Emerald City

Favorite Song or Band/Artist – Within Temptation and Poets of the Fall

Favorite Food or Drink – Steak


Favorite Holiday – Halloween



No comments:

Post a Comment